by Steve Kari
VP on Engineering, Tonka Equipment Company
• Have treatment conditions changed? Check your influent water and effluent quality.
• Are chemical feed rates set properly so that all iron and manganese is oxidized?
• Have you checked that backwash cycle times are set correctly?
• Are the Simul-Wash™ backwash rates set at the proper flow rates and frequency?
• Have you checked media depths lately? (The depths should be recorded annually.)
• Does your greensand media need a Potassium Permanganate charge?
• Is the required chlorine residual going to the system?
• Are the air release valves working properly? They should allow air into tank when tank is draining down for Simul-Wash™ step, and release air when filling after a Simul-Wash™ step.
• Are you meeting your target for a specific water hardness?
• Is the bypass operating at the proper bypass rate?
• Are the air release valves working properly? They should release air when filling.
• Is the softener stepping through a backwash program properly?
Air wash Blower:
• Verify that the drain solenoid is functioning and draining when blower is not running.
• Verify that the AWI valves are closed until blower is on, then open. After the Simul-Wash™ time for air scour, the valves close before
blower shuts down.
• Is there an automatic blow down? Call Customer Service for information on a new “zero loss” auto (silent) blow down to drain
condensate from air compressor. (800-530-1887)